Sunday 18 August 2013

Lost in translation

After safely landing in the land of the morning calm, we met our super friendly driver who drove us to our apartment. 
Upon entering it, my eyes were attracted to the biggest piece of furniture in the room...the bed. A big white princess bed to be precise. I love it's gaudiness. In Korea, apartments can be quite small. We have what we would consider back home, a 1 1/2. It feels quite big despite what it is as you will see in pictures below but we are here to teach and to explore Korea. 

[picture of apartment and fluffy bed to be posted]

For those who don't know, I am an avid kdrama watcher. I admire the screenwriters for coming up with thick, entertwined, and enticing plots. After watching a handful, I inevitably ended up learning a bunch of words, expressions, and sentences. Before leaving, I also learnt how to read hangeul. However, I have found that it is a bit harder to communicate. Slowly, but surely. I am hoping to become proficient in Korean.


1 comment: