Friday 30 August 2013

Early morning

It has been 3 weeks since I arrived in South Korea. It is 6:30 in the morning and I can't sleep. Having gone to bed early for work, I have never seen what the streets look like at night. What you don't know is that by night, ilsan is quite lively. Living next to meat street is like living next to Las Vegas. However, ilsan differs from Vegas because even at 6:30, it is still bustling with life. Ajummas and ajussis have woken up early even on a Saturday in order to open their shops and prepare for the day. 


People are stumbling back home after a night well drenched. 

South Korea is treating me well. I am getting more and more comfortable. Coworkers are great and the children, sometimes a headache, are quite the most adorable thing ever. I have come to the conclusion that I have stumbled upon a job which permits me to pinch other people's children's cheek. I am fascinated that people believe I am Korean as I look Asian but nothing like a Korean. 

1 comment: